Scott Safety Proton Single Gas Monitor - SCO 093-0419

Sold by Regional Fire and Security Ltd.

Description

Chlorine Dioxide is a red-yellow or orange-green gas with an unpleasant irritating odor similar to chlorine and nitric acid. It is best known for its biocide and disinfectant properties. Can remain rather stable in the dark but can become very unstable in the light. Chlorine Dioxide will react or form an explosive compound if exposed to a spark, impact, sunlight or rapid heating of up to 100°C. Chlorine Dioxide may also react with carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, mercury, and some nonmetals as well. ClO2 combined with water will form hydrochloric acid, and it has a very strong irritating effect on the upper respiratory tract.