Radient Barrier, Single Bubble Heat Reflective Roofing Insulation
This one layer of 1/8" barrier bubble film is laminated between two layers of metalized film.
Single Bubble Foil Heat Insulation has a variety of uses, such as: to wrap hot water heaters, pipes, metal and commercial buildings, stud walls, roofing systems, basements and crawl spaces. When reflectivity and R-factors are required, it can be utilized as a vapour retardant.
Based on the type of installation, this heat insulation can be glued, stapled or taped if necessary.
- Clean, Lightweight, Easy to Install
- Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
- Saves Energy and Money
- High Thermal R-Values
- Installation requires no special tools or clothing
- Does not promote the growth of fungi or bacteria
- Provides no nest support for rodent or insect pests
- Requires no maintenance
- Puncture and tear resistant
The product is most beneficial when radiation is the predominant means of heat transfer, for this reason it is used as insulation against radiant heat transfer. The insulating properties stem from the product’s bright aluminized film surface which occurs in two ways:
- It is an excellent reflector of all long wave radiant heat that strikes it - reflecting up to 98% of all radiant heat.
- When in close physical contact, it reradiates only 5% of heat; compared to other building materials, at the same temperature, which have approximately 90% reradiation.