Allegion Steelcraft - DW & K Series Door Frames
Steelcraft’s DW and K-Series Drywall Frames are designed for light to heavy duty applications in both commercial and institutional buildings. They can be installed in rough openings after the wall has been constructed and finished. DW-Series frames are installed in virtually all types of buildings in all interior drywall partition locations using baseboards. K-Series frames are installed in virtually all types of buildings in all interior drywall partition locations not using baseboards. To accommodate the installation of the DW and K-Series Drywall Frames on finished drywall construction, they are supplied with a KD (knock-down) corner for quick installation.
Features and Benefits
- Quick and flexible installation of Steelcraft’s DW and K-Series drywall frames facilitates their installation in minutes and they can be relocated without damage to the frame.
- Die-mitered corner connections of the DW and K-Series Drywall Frame corners lock together once the frame is installed. The tab/lock design:
- prevents the head from rising
- keeps the head and jamb members in alignment
- keeps the miter tight
- DW-Series adjustable base anchors allow for attachment directly to the wall sill runner, and facilitates installation adjustment when the floor is not level.
- K-Series sill attachment is made through the face of the frame directly into the wall sill runner. The frame is supplied with factory countersunk holes for the screw attachment.
- Factory prepared for field installed silencers
- Factory applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer in accordance with ANSI A250.10-1998 (R2004)
- Overall frame construction for the Steelcraft DW and K-Series Drywall Frames meet and exceed the requirements of ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI-100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements are in accordance with ANSI A250.6-2003. Locations are in accordance with ANSI/DHI A115 unless otherwise stated.
- Meets the broadest fire rating requirements