Allegion Steelcraft - FE & DE Series Door Frames
The FE-Series Double Egress Frames are designed to meet requirements for heavy to extra heavy duty applications in both commercial and institutional buildings. They are installed in both interior locations, and in virtually all types of buildings and wall constructions. These frames can be specified and supplied as KD (knock-down) for field assembly prior to installation or welded for installation as a complete unit.
If clear opening width for cross corridor applications is critical, refer to the DE-Series frame.
The DE-Series Double Egress Frames meet all the design parameters of conventional double egress frames and is specified when cross corridor openings have the additional requirements of maximized clear opening width. The unique design of the DE-Series frame allows for the use of swing clear hinges. This must be considered if your local building code has a minimum clear opening width requirement.
Features and Benefits
- FE-Series: Die-mitered corner connections Die-mitered corner connection at the head and jamb insure an attractive, tight and closed mitered connection. The miter includes 4 corner tabs designed with concealed connection eliminating the need for continuous profile welding.
- DE-Series: Die-mitered corner connection insures tight fit and assembly. Frame must be welded by prior to installation
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard weight .134” (3.3mm) thick hinges to heavy weight .180” (4.7mm) hinges
- Factory prepared for field installed silencers
- Factory applied baked on rust inhibiting primer in accordance with ANSI A250.10-1998 (R2004)
- DE-Series: Unique design to meet clear width corridor applications
- Overall Double Egress Frames meet and exceed the requirements of ANSI A250.8-2003 (commonly referred to as SDI-100).
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements are in accordance with ANSI A250.6-2003. Locations are in accordance with ANSI/DHI A115 unless otherwise stated.
Meet the broadest fire rating requirements