Soprema, Plastigum Bituminous Waterproofing Membranes
The homogeneity between the covering and the impregnation compound of the reinforcement results extremely high resistance to delamination. This membrane is defined by weight. The topside is covered by fine sand or protected by slate chippings (AR). The underside is covered by a thermofusible film.
• PLASTIGUM must be applied only by heat welding or torch-on techniques.
• After applying the primer, roll out the material to full length and align 8-10 cm side lap.
• Roll material back again, torch the underside of the membrane right before contact with the substrate and then unroll it slowly and uniformly, pressing it down with your feet to ensure bonding.
• For the junctions, the end laps should be at least 10 cm.
• Each successive roll should be placed on top of the previous roll starting from the drainage system onwards.
• Each finished overlap should be reheated by torch along the joint and melted bitumen should be spread with trowel to ensure a smooth connection.